The road to addiction recovery is not an easy one to take. It’s likely that those suffering from drug or alcohol addiction will face many challenges as they pursue a new life in sobriety. Recovery is a life-long journey that requires continuous dedication, so it’s important to stay vigilant and inspired. One of the things that you can use to stay inspired on your journey in addiction recovery is different readings or inspiring quotes.
Everything from spiritual books to other people’s own recovery story can inspire and motivate you to stay on the right path. Sometimes, all it takes is a simple quote or saying to encourage you to keep moving forward. We’ve gathered 25 of our favorite inspiring addiction quotes about recovery to help you overcome challenges and live a healthy life in recovery.
- “Addiction begins with the hope that something “out there” can instantly fill up the emptiness inside.” – Jean Kilbourne
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucious
- “Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that doesn’t get a day off.” – Demi Lovato
- “No one is immune from addiction; it afflicts people of all ages, races, classes, and professions.” – Patrick J. Kennedy
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” –C.S. Lewis
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.” – Brittany Burgunder
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “Recovery is about progression not perfection.” – Unknown
- “Rising from the ashes, I am born again, powerful, exultant, majestic through all the pain.” – Shannon Perry
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking of what we want to become. Sometimes we motivate ourselves by thinking about who we don’t ever want to be again.” – Shane Niemeyer
- “If you can quit for a day, you can quit for a lifetime.” – Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” – Walt Disney
- “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.” – Rosa Parks
- “All the suffering, stress and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within.” – Ramona L. Anderson
- “We honor ourselves when we speak out for recovery. We show the world that recovery matters because it brings hope and peace into the lives of individuals and their loved ones.” – Beth Wilson
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you.” – Aldous Huxley
Breaking free from drug or alcohol addiction is not impossible. In order to successfully reclaim your life, it’s important to stay motivated and keep looking forward. You may face your fair share of challenges, but it’s our hope that these addiction recovery quotes shed some inspiration to your on your new life journey. Remember, you are in charge of your own destiny in recovery.
If you or your loved one is struggling with addiction, don’t wait to get help. The sooner the individual receives the help that they need, the quicker they can live a healthy, successful life. 310 Recovery is a detox, residential, and outpatient addiction treatment center located in Culver City, California that specializes in giving clients the opportunity to achieve life-long recovery. Contact us today to learn more about our addiction treatment programs.